Like all Red Light Therapy devices the technology was developed by NASA but unlike all devices the EVIS MD is FDA approved and uses medical grade components. The red light penetrates below your skins surface and stimulates the production of collagen and enhances cellular metabolism needed for the repair and replenishment of damaged skin cells. The effects of this in terms of helping to look younger are:
- Firmer skin and the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement in the appearance of sun damaged skin
- Helps to get rid of under eye darkness
This is not an overnight cure and so you will have to stick with it and give it time but the effects are cumulative and after a few months you should start to get compliments about your radiant and smoother complexion.
The recommended treatment with the EVIS MD Platinum is 18 minutes a day 2 to 3 times a week for 8 weeks. The hand held device is comfortable thanks to its ergonomic design and you touch the lights directly to your skin, this does get warm but it’ll never burn. You have to move the wand around the targeted area slowly and a good system is to divide up the area you want to treat into 3 sections and then do 3 minutes on each and start again for another round. The unit beeps after each 3 minutes and shuts off automatically after 18 minutes but you can switch it back on immediately.
Amazon has the best price for the EVIS MD when it is in stock and they offer free shipping. Click here to check if it is currently available.
Features and Specification
- FDA approved and medical grade
- Comfortable and ergonomically designed hand held device
- 3 minute sounder and 18 minute automatic shut off
- 625-635 nm wavelength output at optimal power intensity
- Non invasive and safe for all skin types
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 5.5 x 9 inches
- Comes with full instructions and travel pouch
Of all the products that we have reviewed the EVIS MD probably has the greatest proportion of success stories. Some have success quickly, for others it takes time but most people are reporting good results.
Here are some of the comments from the lucky owners that have seen results in a relatively short period of time. It is worth noting that all of the products that we have chosen to review the EVIS MD is the one that appears to give the fastest results:
- Fantastic product! I have used it for about 3 weeks now and it has made great improvement in my skin texture and tone. I had pretty deep fissures in several places (frown lines, and parenthesis on corner of my mouth), I use the device longer in those areas and it has diminished the deepness of the lines. Love it! I’ve tried a lot of creams, etc without avail. This has provided the most drastic changes in my skin’s appearance.
- We saw results the next morning after the first treatment with a reduction in my wife’s hyperpigmentation and firming of the skin.
- I’ve been using it for about 4-5 weeks, and my pores have shrunk dramatically. It has made a tremendous difference in my skin texture (pores & roughness). My skin also has a nicer color to it (sallowness gone). I’m really glad I bought this device.
- I have been using this product for 6 weeks and it has really helped my sagging skin. I had a droopy eyelid that now is not drooping anymore. I love using this light it makes my skin feel good and tight.
- I use the EVIS MD for two 18-minute sessions every other day. I’ve had skin texture/discoloration issues and smile lines on my face. After 6 weeks I have visible improvement with my discoloration, skin texture (more smooth) and lines on my face. Friends have said I look well rested and not as tired. It seems to work for me – glad I purchased it.
A lot of people are going to find that good results take time if they stick with it, but as these owners will tell you the results do come:
- I’ve been using this device for about six months and my friends all ask if I’ve had a face lift. It has noticeably changed the condition of my skin. The skin on most areas of my face and the contour of my jawline have been significantly tightened. My crow’s feet and wrinkles have mostly disappeared. My freckles and age spots have faded approximately 50%.
- The MD Evis light therapy does work if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. I’ve been using it daily for 10 weeks, three 18-minute sessions in the morning and three more 18-minutes sessions at night. After 10 weeks of effort, my freckles / age spots have faded about 50%. My skin is noticeably more firm. My jaw line contour has visibly tightened and a number of fine lines have disappeared. Almost everyone who sees me comments on how much better I look.
- It really is an effective device, but it does take a fair amount of time to use and you have to use it faithfully. It also takes a while to work, so you have stick with it.
There are very few complaints about the product itself as people seem to be happy with the quality and its operation. One lady did state that the 3 minute beeper was a bit loud but I guess that is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.
One person was convinced that the product was affecting their ability to sleep but this is the first time we have come across such a complaint after reading thousands of reviews from dozens of products so it is certainly not the norm.
The biggest issue it would appear is the customer service provided directly from the manufacturer. A few people stated that the customer service number provided with the product had been discontinued, emails were being returned and mail was going unanswered (one person had their warranty card returned as it was undeliverable). Clearly this is not a small issue and it is a shame because this truly is a good product.
Jump over to Amazon and read more customer reviews for the EVIS MD.
In terms of deliverance and effectiveness the EVIS MD Platinum is one of the best products available in the home market. It tends to work a lot faster than other products for many people and the cumulative effects for anti-aging and skin rejuvenation are strong. Unfortunately we cannot give it our highest recommendation because the manufacturer has made it slightly ‘buyer beware’ through being difficult to contact and offering a level of customer service that we don’t believe is good enough. If you want to see good results from red light therapy then don’t be afraid to buy the EVIS MD (if you can get your hands one one), just make sure that you get it somewhere where you know the seller will do the right thing should anything go wrong.
Review written by Jayne Higham.