Beneficial for skin conditions, anti-aging and pain relief most owners are reporting good results from the Baby Quasar Red, but you have to set the time aside, follow the instructions and stick with it.
As you would hope for the price the Baby Quasar Red is made of high quality materials – aircraft quality aluminium housing and NASA grade electrical components in fact. Baby Quasar is well established in this field and this model has been designed for home use as a smaller version of their professional models. By utilizing 4 different wavelengths the light will penetrate your body to different depths meaning that the Baby Quasar Red is good for pain relief (deeper penetration) and skin improvements (shallower penetration). They say their ‘Sequential Pulsing Technology’ is to ‘reduce negative harmonics’ and that it is ‘balanced and calibrated for healthy and vibrant skin’ – we are not entirely sure what this means but we do know that for most people who follow the instructions and stay the course that the Baby Quasar Red does work.
The treatment involves dividing your face into 6 sections and then lightly touching the lights to your skin and moving the device around that area until you hear the soft tone which tells you it is time to move onto the next section. Once you have done all 6 sections then you can repeat the treatment if desired using Continuous Wave (Green LED) or High Frequency (Red LED).
They state you need to keep this up for 6 weeks before you see results but from the owner’s reviews we know that this can vary greatly, some people are seeing improvements straight away whilst others have to stick with it for months. BabyQ also say that you should apply the Pure Silk Serum first but a lot of people use their own moisturizer or nothing at all.
For most people who stick with it then they do get the advertised benefits from the cell rejuvenation that the Baby Quasar Red light causes – reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, firmer and smoother skin and a reduction in pores. Acne and Rosacea sufferers are also saying that they find this product to be an effective treatment. Because of the higher wavelengths this product will also penetrate to a depth where it will have positive effects upon muscles and tendons making it an effective tool for pain relief.
Features And Specification
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 3 inches. 2 pounds
- Smaller home based versions of Baby Quasars successful professional equipment
- 3 modes, 4 wavelengths and Sequential Pulsing Technology
- Full instructions and treatment guide
- Built using high quality materials
- Made in the USA and FDA approved
- One Year Warranty
There are quite a few reviews for the Baby Quasar Red and on the whole they are good, over half the people have given this product the full rating available. What is clear is that those with the greatest success are the ones that say they committed themselves to the treatment and continued with it over a long period of time. You do need to find 30 mins or more every other day and you are unlikely to see results straight away and this is where most of the criticism stems from (excluding the unlucky owners whose product broke early into ownership).
The results and the time it takes to see those results vary greatly but for a lot of people the Baby Quasar Red is certainly working wonders quickly:
- After just a few treatments, the results were very noticable. Smaller pores, finer lines, and just smoother feeling skin. Make-up glides on if you still feel the need to use it! Highly recommended!!!
- I bought the Baby Quasar after quite a bit of research & I’m so glad I did. After only 4 uses I have seen a difference. Now, 2 weeks later, I’m seeing better skin texture, a decrease in hyper-pigmentation and rosacea. I’m very happy with this purchase…which was quite expensive for me (but well worth it!)
- Cannot quite put my finger on it, but … my face overall looks better. I have used it now for 2 weeks. But something must have happened as my face appears brighter, smoother, more even toned and younger in just two weeks.
These are the lucky ones, for most of us it is going to take time and dedication but it’s worth it judging by the number of slow burning success stories:
- I am almost 27 and have had this bad hyper pigmentation on my forehead, cheeks and upper lip for 7 years. I have spent literally thousands of dollars on products trying to lighten the discoloration on my face but nothing helped much. After about a month of using the baby quasar every other day I can notice quite a big difference in my discoloration. It has truly become lighter and started to even totally disappear in some spots
- Amazing product! Must use as directed to see the results you want to achieve. I find it very soothing to sit and use my Baby Q while watching TV or reading (I actually look forward to it). I have seen reduction of fine lines, pores are much smaller, skin tone is more even, hardly ever a breakout anymore and a nice rosey glow to my skin.
- I’ve been using the Baby Quasar for over a year now. [I figured why stop after a month and a half, especially given its cost.] The last time I went to my dermatologist to have some wrinkles plumped with temporary fillers, she looked at the two year old photo from my last visit and asked “What have you been doing?!”
One lady from Denver was close to returning her Baby Quasar Red as she wasn’t getting the desired results but decided to stick with it and was glad that she did. She updated her review with the following:
- UPDATE after 60 Days – Keeping the Baby Quasar. My skin looks fantastic. The sun spot has not returned. My skin color is evened out and has youthful “glow” to it. Still not sure about the shrinking pores, but wrinkles are reduced. My husband (who would have LOVED to say the $400 gadget isn’t working) actually agrees it is working.
Some Unhappy Owners
Of course not every owner is happy with their purchase as we can see from these examples:
- I have had it for two weeks and used it 5 times each week. Maybe there is shrinkage of some blood vessels around my nose, maybe not. Otherwise I see no particular difference.
- After using it religiously for a month and a half (exactly as stated on the instructions) I have noticed a slightly more even toned complexion. What I have NOT seen is any increased firmness, radiance, reduced pore size, or a decrease in fine lines.
- I was really hoping for the best with this. Especially after all the positive reviews I read. I’ve been using the Baby Q Red religiously for several weeks. I use it every day or every two days. I haven’t noticed a visible change in my skin. My fine lines and brown spots look the same. Although, it has cleared up the acne on my back shoulders. I’m going to keep up the treatments and hope it’s works as an anti-aging measure. But I am disappointed I haven’t seen visible results.
- I wish I had done the sensible thing and gotten a device that either has a larger head on the wand, or a device that delivers light from a small panel display. The basic recommended treatment on the face alone takes 24 minutes, and use of the Green Setting (which is timed in four-minute intervals) is another 24. That’s 48 minutes pushing the wand around.
What we find more worrying are those owners who end up with a faulty device. We only found about 3 people out of 50 that had such a complaint but that does seem high for a product of this price. That said, as we mention in the Product Features and Specification, the Baby Quasar Red comes with a one year warranty:
- I thought this product worked extremely well until it just quit working. I had great results and was completely happy with it until part of the lights just stopped working after 30 uses. I always handled the wand very carefully, so it was very disappointing and expensive to have this happen.
- I don’t know if this product delivers results or not for I haven’t got a chance to evaluate it, it constantly shuts down after working for only a few minutes.
- I tried two of these. I never was able to see if there was much of a difference long term because the first stopped working after a few months and the second never worked.
You can read dozens of customer reviews for the Baby Quasar Red at Amazon.com
We believe that the Baby Quasar Red is a good product that will produce results if you are prepared to stick with it. Don’t expect to see improvements straight away and be prepared to keep going after the 6 weeks are up. Results for most people are subtle but continuous and so the cumulative effect of long term use is good. It is not hands free and the head is small so developing a routine and schedule is advisable. A lot of owners find that good television is the best accompaniment to a BabyQ treatment.
Baby Quasar Red Review written by Jayne Higham.