The little ANSR Beam and Charger is incredibly portable and practical. It’s lightweight, has a slim profile and is just a few inches tall so it easily fits in an overnight bag or even your purse. For added protection it also comes with a black carrying pouch. You charge it like a mobile phone and a 2 hour charge is typically good for 3-5 days worth of treatments.
Light Therapy works by penetrating your skin and rejuvenating cells, increasing collagen production and eradicating bacteria from the inside. The depth to which the light penetrates is determined by its wavelength – red light penetrates deeper and is used for anti-aging, collagen production and pain relief whereas blue light has a shallower penetration and works to kill bacteria closer to the surface and so is used for the treatment of acne, cystic acne and other surface skin conditions.
The ANSR Beam and Charger has both red and blue lights making it more of a complete skin therapy tool. The device allows you to easily choose which light you want to use, it has a handy 5 minute timer and it gives a soothing vibration. As many new studies are showing that a combination of red and blue light therapies are providing the best results – we would recommend using both. The combination and timing of each will be determined by what it is you are looking to achieve. Many reviewers with bad acne advise that you initially use the device more than the recommended 5 minute treatments, and this is fine as light therapy (phototonic energy) is harmless with no side effects.
The ANSR Beam is the lowest priced of all of the devices that we have reviewed and it should set you back no more than $150. What we would say is that without a doubt the blue light is the star of this product, its treatment of acne and surface skin conditions is exceptional. If your main goal is anti-aging – collagen production, removal of fine lines and wrinkles, reduced pores and redness then we would suggest that there are better red light systems available. For a light therapy system that utilises both red and blue light, however, then for the price we haven’t found anything to beat the ANSR Beam and Charger.
Features and Specifications
- Red and blue lights for treatment of surface skin conditions and anti-aging
- Rechargeable, compact and extremely portable
- Has a soothing vibration and a 5 minute treatment timer
- Comes with a travel pouch
- Tested by TUV America
- Measures 6 x 5 x 4 inches and weighs 7 ounces
- 1 Year Warranty
|Visible Red Light||Size|
6 x 5 x 4 inches
|Hand held / Stand|
|Infrared Light||Shipping Weight|
Acne & Anti Aging
|Blue Light||Testing / Approval|
Tested by TUV America
2 x 10 min treatments / day
|Other Color Light||Warranty|
The ANSR Beam has a lot of positive reviews, people really do love this little device. On Amazon right now over 60% of reviewers have given this product the full 5 stars and if we say that 4 and 5 star reviews mean that people think the product is good, then close to 90% have rated this product as good.
Most of the reviewers have focused on how effective the blue light has been for the treatment of their acne, especially cystic acne so we shall focus on those 1st:
- I’ve had globular cystic acne since 1975. Tried every prescription and over the counter product, and still was trapped with cysts that had to be injected each month to resolve them…and THIS WORKS!!! I’ve got a box full of medications I no longer need…just this amazing little light machine.
- I have polycystic ovaries which cause horrible hormonal cystic acne on my chin and I also get regular non-cystic acne everywhere else on my face. The ANSR has gotten rid of all of it.
- ANSR is the best thing I have ever tried, and believe me, I have tried everything and have spared no expense in my quest for clear skin.
- I am in my early 40s, have very sensitive skin, and have had very stubborn adult acne for well over a decade…I have been using this thing for close to two months now, and the only time my skin has been as clear as it is now was when I was on strong make-you-sick-to-your-stomach antibiotics.
- I have had acne for over 20 years and tried using many different products with no success. This little device has changed my life. I was using it every day, when I first got it. Now I am down to 2-3 times a week, and I do not have any new cystic pimples.
- My son’s friend had horrible teen acne. So bad in fact he considered dropping out of school from embarrassment. 2 months ago I encouraged him to please give ANSR a try. Well, he came over last night and OMG..OMG!! His face..IT’s CLEAR..It’s BEAUTIFUL!!! This ANSR is The ANSWER!!
- This device actually works! I’ve tried everything, including the Zeno, which didn’t. If you get cystic acne, get this ANSR Beam.
- Amazing unexpected benefits. I get aphthous ulcers in my mouth, on a fairly frequent basis. This is due to an autoimmune disorder, and I’ve had to suffer through them since I was a child; there was never anything I could do about them. But I’d recently read a passing mention of red-light therapy being used for aphthous ulcers, and decided to see what kind of effect the ANSR Beam might have on mine. The next time one formed on the inside of my cheek, I applied the ANSR Beam directly over it (on the outside of the cheek) for five minutes, once in the morning, once in the evening. Normally, my ulcers last a week; this one was gone within ONE DAY. I’ve since been able to repeat this process on two more ulcers that attempted to form, and annihilated each of them in a single day as well.
Be Warned – Things could get worse before they get better
A few reviewers commented that during the early stages of treatment, typically after 1 – 2 weeks they noted a worsening in their condition, however, if you experience this then stick with it as there a very good chance that you will be rewarded once this stage is over:
- I have been using the Beam for exactly 1 month now…….it is incredible! The 1st 2 weeks were bad but after reading other reviews I stuck it out for the full month before deciding. I had more activity than normal. Week 3 I had 1 emerge that is completely gone now. Today, on day 30, I have no cystic acne on my face at all! This is incredible for me. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me.
- I am 33 years old have had adult acne flare ups and pick scars for years. I was indifferent when I ordered this product, because I have been disappointed many times in the past. After a week and a half it seemed as though my skin was getting worse, particularly my chin, but be patient! 2-2.5 weeks into it my skin totally calmed down and I see results. Hyperpgmentation from picking has greatly faded and new pimples are few to none. Pores appear to be smaller too.
But what about the Red Light for Anti-Aging?
There is not as much praise for the effects of the red light, but we guess that it is to be expected as most people are buying it for their acne after reading the success stories. Research has shown that Red and Blue Light therapy combined provides the greatest results for your skin so it is extremely beneficial to get them in the same device.
This is not to say though that the ANSR Beam is not effective as an anti-aging device as these owners will testify:
- I LOVE this product!!!! Stop wasting your money on creams and try The Beam. It has taken 10 years off my appearance. My friends keep asking me what I have been doing because I look so much younger. This thing works.
- While I purchased the ANSR for my daughter’s acne, I have also been able to use it for my aging skin. I can say that I am seeing a change in my wrinkles and that a small red mark on my face is almost gone.
- Although best results are indicated after eight weeks of use, I’ve been using the red light for about two weeks and am pleased. I can already tell some differences in the wrinkles on my face – mostly with my “furrowed” look above my nose and between my eyebrows and the wrinkles around my eyes.
- I have had the ANSR Beam for a little over a month and it has changed my skin! A little time consuming I wish I had a whole body beam! I have break outs and wrinkles and this has calmed both! Thanks ANSR Beam!
There are a few people saying some negative things about the ANSR Beam but surprisingly few really. One person would have liked for the instruction booklet to be clearer and another lady complained that one charge only lasts 5 days with regular use. Another reviewer stated that she only gave the product 4 stars and not 5 because the target lens that you touch to your face is too similar to the rest of the device and that it is not exactly like a mobile phone as she doesn’t have to reset her phone before she charges it.
There are only four 1 star ratings on Amazon at the time of writing and this is the worst review that we came across. The person had bought the product after reading glowing reviews but found that 2 weeks her skin was worse so she gave up and went to the dermatologist. As this review was posted in November 2011 there were already a number of reviewers warning that this may happen, we feel it is a shame that she didn’t stick with it as she may have seen the results that others were reporting.
There is a positive 5 star rating on Amazon from a lady called Chandler. I won’t write about it here because it’s 2,000 words long and if you are still reading now then you’ve already read 2,000 words! She used to sell ingredients to scientists in the cosmetics industry so she has a unique perspective and provides some very useful and interesting information.
You can read Chandlers review along with dozens of other Customer Reviews at Amazon.com.
The ANSR Beam is primarily marketed as a device to fight acne, and it is extremely effective at this (along with a few other conditions). The benefits from the red light on anti-aging and pain relief are clearly there but because of the way that it is marketed this is not what people are buying it for. As a red light therapy device it works but the small head means that you are going to have to put in the effort to see the maximum benefits.
As a device to beat your acne with the added side effect of helping to make you look younger then this device is a winner. Factor in the low price, practicality and portability then this product is hard to beat. If you buy it to clear your skin and rid yourself of acne then stick with it even after you have your skin under control, the red light works and the effects are cumulative so there is no reason why you shouldn’t benefit from this great little product for years to come. We have no hesitation in recommending the ANSR Beam.
ANSR Beam and Charger Videos
Ansr Beam Review written by Jayne Higham